My guest for this episode is Dr. Rob Harter. Rob is a nonprofit executive professional with over 26 years of experience in leading and building nonprofit organizations. Rob is known as an inspirational leader with contagious energy and entrepreneurial spirit.
In 2010, Rob became the Executive Director of CCPC, (Christian Center of Park City) a humanitarian and community-focused nonprofit organization with a bold vision to serve as a leading networker of community services, based in Park City, Utah.
He is a sought-after speaker and seminar facilitator, and he founded and hosts the “Nonprofit Leadership Podcast”. Rob was honored to have chaired the MLK Jr. Commission for Human Rights for the State of Utah; is currently Chair of the Utah Nonprofit Association’s Board and is a former Board Member for Mountainlands Community Housing Organization and was recognized as a “Hometown Hero” by Salt Lake Magazine.
Rob loves deep-powder skiing, hiking, mountain biking, devouring great books, and traveling to new places. Most of all, Rob loves spending quality time with his amazing wife and children.
Here’s what to expect during the episode:
- Lessons learned in leadership during COVID. Nimbleness and resilience are some of the key elements to keeping a nonprofit afloat in times of crisis.
- Most significant challenges that nonprofits face coming out of 2020. Some organizations didn’t get the usual attention they did before.
- Effects of the pandemic to boards of directors. It’s interestingly positive for the most part!
- Adjustments that nonprofits have done to their models and the shift to doing things virtually.
- What motivates Rob, an executive CEO, to do the things he does? It’s all about creating a ripple effect in the community!
You can see Rob on his website/podcast https://nonprofitleadershippodcast.org/
His email is email@example.com and his LinkedIn is on https://www.linkedin.com/in/dr-rob-harter-25457313/
Get Mary’s free guide: Six Steps You Must Know to Unleash the Potential of Your Board, by going to https://www.hilandconsulting.org/6stepsreport
Mary’s book is now available on Amazon or wherever books are sold: Love Your Board! The Executive Directors’ Guide to Discovering the Sources of Nonprofit Board Troubles and What to Do About Them.
Be sure to subscribe to Inspired Nonprofit Leadership so that you don’t miss a single episode, and while you’re at it, won’t you take a moment to write a short review and rate our show? It would be greatly appreciated!
Let us know the topics or questions you would like to hear about in a future episode. You can do that, and follow us, on Facebook.
Connect with Mary!
Inspired Nonprofit Leadership Facebook Group: https://tinyurl.com/inspirednonprofitleadership
Company Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/hilandconsulting