My guest for this episode is Deborah Finestone. Deborah Finestone has a 20-year career in communications and marketing and has spent the last 6 years focusing on social media marketing for small businesses and nonprofits. She’s a certified social media marketer who helps her clients build their brand and awareness. Her strategies help businesses get in front of everyone who could use their service or product, develop strong relationships and convert them to clients or customers. For years, she says she fantasized about working for a nonprofit, after volunteering regularly for a wide array of organizations since she was a teenager. Now, she’s fulfilled that dream by working with nonprofits as a social media consultant and manager.
Here’s what to expect during the episode:
- The three most common mistakes people make on social media. How do you fix them? (Short answer: You don’t have to do it all yourself!)
- Understanding a little about social media algorithms and analytics. Did you know that what you put out there are unlikely being shown to ALL your followers?
- The value of building relationships through social media. It’s the same as customer service in a brick-and-mortar business!
- Exploring the idea of “Posting and Ghosting”. Responding to your audience is critical!
- Various tools and tips to help you with scheduling posts on any social media platform.
- The need for you to always think about bringing the best value for your audience.
You can see Deborah on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/FinestoneMarketingSolutions
She also has a Facebook Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/stressfreesocialmediamarketing
Get the free calendar Deborah offers by going to her website: : https://http.dfinestone.com/content-calendar?
You can also find her on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/finestone_marketing/) and LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/company/finestone-marketing-solutions/)
Be sure to get Mary’s free Trust Building Action Plan by going to: https://hilandconsulting.org/trustbuilding
Mary’s book is now available on Amazon or wherever books are sold: Love Your Board! The Executive Directors’ Guide to Discovering the Sources of Nonprofit Board Troubles and What to Do About Them.
Be sure to subscribe to Inspired Nonprofit Leadership so that you don’t miss a single episode, and while you’re at it, won’t you take a moment to write a short review and rate our show? It would be greatly appreciated!
Let us know the topics or questions you would like to hear about in a future episode. You can do that, and follow us, on Facebook.
Connect with Mary!
Inspired Nonprofit Leadership Facebook Group: https://tinyurl.com/inspirednonprofitleadership
Company Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/hilandconsulting