My guest for this episode is James Goalder. With almost 20 years of experience working in nonprofit technology and sales and relationship management, James brings the perfect blend of experience for his role as Partnerships Manager at Bloomerang. In addition to his work experience, James volunteers with Project Grows, a community farm in Virginia, serving on the Board and on Volunteer Nights with the organization.
In his free time, James enjoys hiking in the Shenandoah Valley with his wife and four children and exploring the beautiful local wineries and breweries. He loves to cook, read and travel. James holds a bachelor’s degree in English and Art History from James Madison University.
Here’s what to expect during the episode:
- What are the primary challenges that fundraising staff encounter when securing donations for an organization?
- Why the development staff must establish strong connections with the program staff?
- How does the organization personalize its interactions with donors to make them feel connected to its mission and impact?
- What are the most effective strategies and methods for cultivating individuals into major donors?
- What are the current trends in donor retentio
Connect with James Goalder!
Note: The Effective Nonprofit Executives’ Success Toolkit event will take place online November 6th – 26th. Watch for details via Mary’s emails and/or social media. Easy to access free gifts from 20 expert coaches and consultants to nonprofits you won’t want to miss!
Link for Effective Board Orientation Checklist https://www.hilandconsulting.org/boardorientationchecklist
Mary’s book is available on Amazon or wherever books are sold: Love Your Board! The Executive Directors’ Guide to Discovering the Sources of Nonprofit Board Troubles and What to Do About Them.
Be sure to subscribe to Inspired Nonprofit Leadership so that you don’t miss a single episode, and while you’re at it, won’t you take a moment to write a short review and rate our show? It would be greatly appreciated!
Let us know the topics or questions you would like to hear about in a future episode. You can do that and follow us on Facebook.
Connect with Mary!
Inspired Nonprofit Leadership Facebook Group: https://tinyurl.com/inspirednonprofitleadership
Company Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/hilandconsulting