My guest for this episode is Shannon Bowen. Shannon is a nonprofit leader, fundraiser, expert hiring manager, leadership coach, and management trainer. She’s the Chief Advancement Officer for Pacific Northwest Research Institute and a board member for AFP Advancement Northwest in Seattle.
Shannon is also the founder of Monsoon Leadership, which works at the intersection of nonprofit fundraising + leadership to train the next generation of development leaders. Monsoon Leadership teaches how to dismantle white supremacist work culture and how to prioritize mental and physical health without sacrificing outcomes. They offer Zoom and in-person workshops, consulting projects, custom nonprofit training, interim leadership roles, and coaching for new and seasoned leaders. Shannon is dedicated to creating healthy workplaces: one manager at a time.
Here’s what to expect during the episode:
- What are the most recent strategies for improving staff retention in today’s workplace?
- How can companies adapt to the latest trends in staff retention to ensure employee satisfaction and loyalty?
- What are proven and effective recruitment strategies for attracting top talent in today’s competitive job market?
- Why is using effective hiring strategies vital for long-term success and growth in an organization?
- How do constant urgency and unrealistic expectations lead to employee burnout?
Connect with Shannon Bowen!
FREE 7 (unconventional) Tips to Retain Top Talent: https://monsoonleadership.com/free/
Link for Effective Board Orientation Checklist https://www.hilandconsulting.org/boardorientationchecklist
Mary’s book is available on Amazon or wherever books are sold: Love Your Board! The Executive Directors’ Guide to Discovering the Sources of Nonprofit Board Troubles and What to Do About Them.
Be sure to subscribe to Inspired Nonprofit Leadership so that you don’t miss a single episode, and while you’re at it, won’t you take a moment to write a short review and rate our show? It would be greatly appreciated!
Let us know the topics or questions you would like to hear about in a future episode. You can do that and follow us on Facebook.
Connect with Mary!
Inspired Nonprofit Leadership Facebook Group: https://tinyurl.com/inspirednonprofitleadership
Company Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/hilandconsulting