My guest for this episode is Kimmi Cantrell. Kimmi is an unrelenting optimist who is passionate about bringing love and light to the workplace. As Managing Director of Careers In Nonprofits, she spends her days connecting with nonprofit decision makers as well as job seekers, aiding both in finding solutions to their problems. Through her conversations with her team and those she serves, it has become clear that one of the biggest hurdles people face is remaining resilient in the face of obstacles.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Staying optimistic and encouraged in a place of discomfort or discontent.
- Accepting that you can’t control certain things such as an interview or hiring process. The only thing you can control is how we show up every day.
- Just because one thing did not work out the way you expected, doesn’t mean that it’s not going to work out forever.
- Acknowledging negative emotions and trying to understand why you feel that way.
- Practicing actions that lead to better feelings (i.e., eating well, exercising, and praying).
Get your FREE Report! 6 Steps You Must Know to Unleash the Potential of Your Nonprofit Board
About Kimmi Cantrell: Kimmi has made it her mission to educate and empower individuals to build their personal and professional resilience capacity by sharing guidance, support, and tools for growth. In her spare time, you can find her coaching at Hot Topic All-Stars, a competitive cheer gym in Alexandria, VA. Everyone needs a cheerleader in their life, and Kimmi is here to do just that.
Connect with me:
Inspired Nonprofit Leadership Podcast Facebook Group: https://tinyurl.com/inspirednonprofitleadership
Company Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/hilandconsulting
You can find Kimmi Cantrell on…
Podcast: Play in new window | Download