My guest for this episode is Cynthia Gregory. As a nonprofit leader with more than two decades in the field and as a certified Co-Active Coach, Cynthia Gregory knows that no one works harder or deserves more validation than nonprofit fundraisers, executives, and cultural change-makers. Cynthia has held leadership roles with United Way, Kaiser Permanente, Sutter Health, and with smaller, regional nonprofits, mainly focused in healthcare.
Through her executive coaching practice, Cynthia supports nonprofit leaders with individual and team coaching, and through group facilitation.
Cynthia earned her BA, journalism from Gonzaga University, and her MFA, creative writing, from Mills College. Cynthia is widely published, and author of Journaling As Sacred Practice: An Act of Extreme Bravery.
Here’s what to expect during the episode:
- The definition of work-life balance for the typical Nonprofit Leader.
- Various elements that contribute to executive burnout in the nonprofit profession.
- Associated pressures that Nonprofit Leaders have to deal with on a daily basis.
- The importance of being an example to your staff that you can take some time off.
- How “filling our souls” with our colleagues and peers can help make better decisions.
- Challenging our assumptions creates possibilities and drives the right mindset.
- Productivity can come out of taking care of yourself.
You can find Cynthia at her website at https://cgregorycreativity.com/
You can also find her on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/coachcynthia.gregory) and LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/in/GregoryCynthia/)
Message Cynthia on LinkedIn, mention Inspired Nonprofit Leadership and receive a free 30-minute coaching session on work-life balance.
Get Mary’s guide, 6 Steps You Must Know to Unleash the Potential of Your Nonprofit Board, for free by going to https://hilandconsulting.org/
Be sure to subscribe to Inspired Nonprofit Leadership so that you don’t miss a single episode, and while you’re at it, won’t you take a moment to write a short review and rate our show? It would be greatly appreciated!
Let us know the topics or questions you would like to hear about in a future episode. You can do that below, and follow us, on Facebook.
Connect with Mary!
Inspired Nonprofit Leadership Facebook Group: https://tinyurl.com/inspirednonprofitleadership
Company Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/hilandconsulting
Podcast: Play in new window | Download