My guest today is Russ Elliot. Russ’ experience includes 35+ years of guiding executives through the challenges of leading people and organizations. During his corporate career in Human Resources, including ten years in the top role, his focus was on driving success through leadership and talent development, coaching, and systematic organizational change. Russ has coached executives in many industries including tech, banking, financial technology, manufacturing, and nonprofits.
Russ has a Master’s degree in Human Resources from University of Illinois, holds the Professional Certified Coach certification from the International Coaching Federation, and has taught classes at UC Berkeley extension. Russ’ client list ranges from mid-sized to Fortune 50 companies.
After a successful career as a Senior VP, Russ left corporate to found the Conscious Culture Group, a consulting and executive coaching company driven to create great places to work. He is recognized as an expert in the leadership levers affecting company culture and offers this deep knowledge in his coaching practice.
Here’s what to expect during the episode:
- Leaders may have a culture they want to implement but it’s the employees that define what it truly is.
- Dealing with the disconnect around accountability among board members.
- The value of knowing the employee experience around the nonprofit’s mission.
- Identify and understand the behaviors that your culture and values entail. Is the leadership reflecting the same intentions?
- No team is ever going to be perfect, but will your team be willing to accept their flaws and do the work towards positive change?
- Knowing how to identify areas for improvement that a board may be unaware of.
Get Mary’s free training, The 3 Mistakes Nonprofit Leaders Make Orienting Board Members, by going to https://www.hilandconsulting.org/nonprofitboardorientation
Be sure to subscribe to Inspired Nonprofit Leadership so that you don’t miss a single episode, and while you’re at it, won’t you take a moment to write a short review and rate our show? It would be greatly appreciated!
Let us know the topics or questions you would like to hear about in a future episode. You can do that below, and follow us, on Facebook.
Connect with Mary!
Inspired Nonprofit Leadership Facebook Group: https://tinyurl.com/inspirednonprofitleadership
Company Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/hilandconsulting