My guest for this episode is Rebecca Sutherns. Rebecca is an insightful and high energy collaborative strategist. She is a world class facilitator who has served as a trusted advisor to hundreds of mission-driven organizations in Canada and internationally for more than 20 years. Rebecca is a skilled communicator, with a particular gift for helping leaders make wiser decisions faster. She specializes in facilitating strategic planning, stakeholder engagement, strong governance and effective teamwork, and is the author of Nimble: Off Script But Still On Track – a coaching guide for responsive facilitation and more recently Sightline: Strategic plans that gather momentum not dust.
Here’s what to expect during the episode:
- How can we plan at a time with COVID-19 around? Planning doesn’t only have to occur when you know what’s going to happen.
- What does collaborative planning entail? How can it benefit a nonprofit?
- In a nonprofit setting, who collaborates with who?
- The factors to consider when designing a planning process. Understand the output you want, why it matters, who you need to get it, and how to make everything come together.
- There’s no need to have entirely-fixed plans! Organizations need to be structured and flexible at the same time.
You can see Rebecca on her website https://rebeccasutherns.com/
Check out these resources mentioned in the episode!
Nimble: Off Script But Still On Track
What The Hell Do We Do Now?: An enterprise guide to COVID-19 and beyond
Get Mary’s free guide: How to Engage Your Board in Fundraising, by going to https://hilandconsulting.org/boardfundraising
Be sure to subscribe to Inspired Nonprofit Leadership so that you don’t miss a single episode, and while you’re at it, won’t you take a moment to write a short review and rate our show? It would be greatly appreciated!
Let us know the topics or questions you would like to hear about in a future episode. You can do that below, and follow us on Facebook.
Connect with Mary!
Inspired Nonprofit Leadership Facebook Group: https://tinyurl.com/inspirednonprofitleadership
Company Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/hilandconsulting