My guest today is Chari Smith. Chari believes evaluation should be accessible, practical and usable. She founded Evaluation into Action to help nonprofit professionals create realistic and
meaningful program evaluation processes. She has taught several workshops helping nonprofit professionals understand the value and use of program evaluation. Recently, she was the opening keynote speaker at the American Evaluation Association Conference. Her book Nonprofit Program Evaluation Made Simple: Get Your Data. Show Your Impact. Improve Your Programs. provides step by step instruction on how to do program evaluation.
Chari has held several nonprofit roles: board member, volunteer, and program director. She started Evaluation into Action in 2005 and has worked with hundreds of nonprofit professionals.
Here’s what to expect during the episode:
- What are the core principles of program evaluation?
- Measuring the outcome of your programs doesn’t only have to be through statistics.
- What could you do if the data you measured shows that the program isn’t achieving anything?
- Does program evaluation differ based on the size and budget of nonprofits?
- The value of having data in making significant decisions for your organization.
- You can’t just invest in something because it’s a “feel good” thing. You need to invest in it because it’s making a difference.
Connect with Chari:
Nonprofit Program Evaluation Made Simple: Get Your Data. Show Your Impact. Improve Your Programs: https://evaluationintoaction.com/book/
Go to https://hilandconsulting.org/boardorientationchecklist to get your free Effective Board Orientation Checklist.
Mary’s book is available on Amazon or wherever books are sold: Love Your Board! The Executive Directors’ Guide to Discovering the Sources of Nonprofit Board Troubles and What to Do About Them.
Be sure to subscribe to Inspired Nonprofit Leadership so that you don’t miss a single episode, and while you’re at it, won’t you take a moment to write a short review and rate our show? It would be greatly appreciated!
Let us know the topics or questions you would like to hear about in a future episode. You can do that, and follow us, on Facebook.
Connect with Mary!
Inspired Nonprofit Leadership Facebook Group: https://tinyurl.com/inspirednonprofitleadership
Company Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/hilandconsulting