My guest for this episode is Roberta Matuson. For more than 25 years, Roberta, president of Matuson Consulting has helped leaders in highly regarded companies, including General Motors, The Greater Boston Food Bank, and Microsoft, and small to medium-sized businesses, achieve the dramatic growth and market leadership through the maximization of talent.
She’s the author of six books including, Evergreen Talent: How to Seed, Cultivate, and Grow a Sustainable Workforce, and the international bestseller, Suddenly In Charge: Managing Up, Managing Down, Succeeding All Around, a Washington Post Top 5 Business Book For Leaders.
Her newest book, is Can We Talk? Seven Principles for Managing Difficult Conversations at Work.
Here’s what to expect during the episode:
- Handling difficult conversations such as employee engagement and retention.
- Why do leaders avoid difficult conversations? Leaders fear that employees will become upset and leave.
- Good communications from leaders can hugely lift employee engagement.
- Why do people find it difficult to give negative feedback?
- Managers and leaders avoid difficult conversations with new hires. Why?
- Difficult Conversations: How to create clarity and dare to have courageous conversations.
- What exactly does it mean to have a transparent and authentic workplace?
- And much more!
Connect with Roberta!
Free Guide: 6 Steps You Must Know to Unleash the Potential of Your Nonprofit
Mary’s book is available on Amazon or wherever books are sold: Love Your Board! The Executive Directors’ Guide to Discovering the Sources of Nonprofit Board Troubles and What to Do About Them.
Be sure to subscribe to Inspired Nonprofit Leadership so that you don’t miss a single episode, and while you’re at it, won’t you take a moment to write a short review and rate our show? It would be greatly appreciated!
Let us know the topics or questions you would like to hear about in a future episode. You can do that, and follow us, on Facebook.
Connect with Mary!
Inspired Nonprofit Leadership Facebook Group: https://tinyurl.com/inspirednonprofitleadership
Company Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/hilandconsulting
Podcast: Play in new window | Download