My guest for this episode is Patton McDowell. Patton is a nonprofit author, speaker, and coach. He leads a consulting practice founded after a successful twenty-year career in the nonprofit sector, including experience at Special Olympics International and after leading fundraising teams for two universities.
Patton’s a frequently sought-after expert on nonprofit issues of strategic planning, organizational development, and staff & board leadership. He is a Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE), a Master Trainer for AFP International, host of the weekly podcast Your Path to Nonprofit Leadership, and author of a new book, also titled Your Path to Nonprofit Leadership.
Here’s what to expect during the episode:
- What are the essential qualities every nonprofit leader should cultivate?
- What makes a great nonprofit leader?
- How do you develop yourself as a nonprofit leader?
- What are the main methods used in leadership development?
- Why are nonprofit leaders crucial to the success of their organizations?
- What are the three types of leaders entering the nonprofit sector?
- Why should leaders focus on their strengths?
Connect with Patton McDowell!
Amazon Page: https://amzn.to/3tfo1GV
Mary’s book is available on Amazon or wherever books are sold: Love Your Board!
Be sure to subscribe to Inspired Nonprofit Leadership so that you don’t miss a single episode, and while you’re at it, won’t you take a moment to write a short review and rate our show? It would be greatly appreciated!
Let us know the topics or questions you would like to hear about in a future episode. You can do that, and follow us, on Facebook.
Connect with Mary!
Inspired Nonprofit Leadership Facebook Group: https://tinyurl.com/inspirednonprofitleadership
Company Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/hilandconsulting